Krishna College of Science and Information Technology
M.Sc. (Home Sci.) Duration 2 Yr.
Eligibility for admission: Should be B.Sc. (Home Sc.) from any recognized University with 45%
About M.Sc.(Home Sci)
Home Science may be defined as the study required to develop home or family life within a changing society by taking the help of scientific knowledge and methods.
The subjects involved in making Home Science a wonderful learning tool for better-living are PCB, hygiene, rural development, community living, art, food, clothing, textiles and home management etc.
In recent scenario Home Science is gaining huge popularity among students owing to its wide application in industries like food preservation and training, clothing and textiles and interior decoration etc.
Home Science students have a wide range of fields that they can enter
- Production Jobs - This covers food preservation, dress-making, specialized cooking. Graduates of Home Science can go on to enter the textile business, fashion designing etc. or even work in hotels and in food industry etc.
- Research Jobs - These involve educating specific segments of the population such as mothers, farmers, and villagers on the food-value of certain food items. Also one can work as a researcher/scientist in R&D labs on food preservation etc.
- Sales Jobs - Sales promotion of food items (baby foods) are given to home science graduates since they have relevant information and experience.
- Service Jobs - Maintenance and supervision of house keeping departments at tourist resorts, hotels, catering facilities, restaurants etc.
- Teaching Jobs - The recognized qualification for a primary school teacher is a Bachelors degree in Home Science and many postgraduates are absorbed as senior secondary school teachers and college professors.
For Any Query-
College Admission Cell-9105108100,9105208100
Training & Placement Cell-8923796698,9105308100
Scholarship Dept.& Exam Cell-9105508100,9105608100